Monday, January 20, 2014

Tour of My New Humble Abode

For optimal effect, listen to the MTV Cribs Theme Song while scrolling through (but stop at 0:38 because it gets sketch). 

I’ve been in Paris for over two weeks so I think it’s time that I finally post a few pictures of the apartment I’m staying at with my host mom, Evelyn. She wasn’t home when I took these photos, otherwise she definitely would’ve made it into one of them.

The living room. If I'm ever in here, I'm usually sitting at the dining table that you can kind of see in the right hand corner.


Voila, the dining area. I'm here 5x/week for dinner.


Kitchens in Paris are smaller than the ones back at home but it's definitely manageable.


My room. These were taken at night because I didn't have time to clean my room in the morning before dashing out the door. It's a daily struggle. Normally, the chair on the bottom right hand corner doubles as a coat rack, purse rack...basically it's my other closet.



I will never need this much space for books since I'm only here for five months so naturally this book shelf works as my second closet.

Some French books that Evelyn dug up for me to read. That Dirty French book is from my friend Lea before I came because why wouldn't I need it (kidding). Insert Evelyn laughing her head off while silently agreeing with all the ridiculous phrases. I was dying just hearing her say dirty American phrases out loud (imagine a cute elder lady pronouncing the word "hash" and etc. in a heavy french accent). 

No comments:

Post a Comment